Muli Ben-Yehuda's journal

February 17, 2006

OLS 2006

Filed under: Uncategorized — Muli Ben-Yehuda @ 2:21 PM
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:14:27 -0600 (CST)
From: papers@linuxsymposium.org
To: mulix@mulix.org
Subject: Proposal Utilizing IOMMUs for Virtualization in Linux and Xen

Your paper proposal Utilizing IOMMUs for Virtualization in Linux and Xen
has been accepted by the 2006 Linux Symposium Committee.

9 Comments »

1. Congratulations!
    Congratulations! I hope the presentation goes well, and hopefully you can give a re-run of it to Haifux and Telux.

Comment by shlomif — February 17, 2006 @ 12:56 PM | Reply

• Re: Congratulations!
      I certainly will.

Comment by mulix — February 17, 2006 @ 1:02 PM | Reply

2. Congrats
    Thats the second reason for me to go to OLS this year. (The first being that I have been wanting to go there for a couple of years now :))
    As my abstracts weren’t accepted I really hope for an interresting list of speakers so that I can still convince people that OLS is the correct usage of my training bugdet 🙂

Comment by kbuytaert — February 17, 2006 @ 12:56 PM | Reply

• Re: Congrats
      Thanks. There was fierce competition this year, they picked ~60 out of ~220. I am surprised this one got in 🙂 (we had another one on smart IO devices that didn’t make the cut). What were yours about?

Comment by mulix — February 17, 2006 @ 1:03 PM | Reply

• Re: Congrats
        Mine was about Loadbalancing Xen Virtual Machines . The number of abstracts for Linux related conferences is really high these days and being selected often is a real surprise.. But now the real work starts 🙂
        Which reminds me I have to finish a paper myselve this weekend 🙂

Comment by kbuytaert — February 17, 2006 @ 1:24 PM

3. congratulations !
    great to hear it !
    You are the third Israeli at OLS , in consecutive years.
    Hope this will become a tradition.
    RRX

Comment by rrx — February 17, 2006 @ 5:20 PM | Reply

4. Mazal Tov!
    Mazal Tov!
    Your proposal looks much more worthy then that half inteligent simple minded presentation that yokel from Israel gave last year 😉
    Good luck!